Friday, May 13, 2011

Home Warranties are Great but...


When other real estate companies need to cut back services because of the slow market, The Norton Agency is heading in the other direction.

One of the additional services we provide for our listing clients is a warranty from Old Republic Home Protection.

This warranty gives our home sellers a piece of mind during the listing period.

Barb and I usually negotiate a one year warranty when we assist in the purchase of a home for our clients.

We believe in them so much Barb and I have purchased ones for our own personal homes.

Recently I had to use my warranty when my hot water heater decided to move onto the next life. What I learned is that I need to thoroughly read my warranty before I use it. Ultimately I had to pay out of pocket cost for the installation of the hot water heater. This was a cost that I did not expect. If I had purchased an additional warranty coverage program I would not have had to pay the additional cost.

Bottom line: Warranties are good but...READ ALL OF THE TERMS OF YOUR WARRANTY BEFORE YOU USE IT!

This rule of thumb is for all warranties regardless of the company.

Barb, Sue, and I are The Wells Team of The Norton Agency. Our company is proud of our relationship with Old Republic Warranties and the service they provide for our listings.

If you are looking for property in the North Atlanta Metro area give us a call. You can see all of our listings at www.randywellsteam.com

No comments: