Friday, June 24, 2011

Paint the Door


My wife does the marketing for The Wells Team. One of her "things" is to have the door painted on a home when we list it. I have to admit that I never thought it was a necessity in many cases but I have been proved wrong.

Our highest priced listing had a showing last week. This home has been upgraded inside and out and has captured a lot of serious inquiries.

However last week I received some feedback from a recent showing. The agent said that the door was in bad shape and appeared worn. It gave a bad initial impression and subsequently lost the interest of these potential buyers.

A small point but one that had big ramifications.

When buyers are looking at multiple homes in a day a good first impression is crucial.

Painting that door might help!

No comments: