Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am Tired of Solicitors


This is starting to happen me on a daily basis. I am busy, driiving in my car, spending time with my family or a client, working around my home, taking a real estate class, or just trying to relax.

Then the phone rings. I answer anticipating a new client, a listing inquiry, or an offer.

Instead: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE KEYWORDS THAT WE HAVE RESERVED FOR YOU! WOULD YOU LIKE TO INCREASE YOUR CLIENT BASE? IS YOUR WEBSITE RECEIVING ENOUGH HITS?

I respond that my business is fine, our team was #2 out of 145 agents for 2010, and my website receives enough hits.

The script continues and I struggle to get a word in edgewise.

Finally I am able to say that I will give you five minutes. At the other end of the line I hear that they want 30 minutes in order to give me a full presentation.

I don't have 30 minutes. Frankly I dont have 5 minutes.

But the script continues.

I grow tired.

Finally I say this is not a good time. Can you email me the necessary information so I might have the time to review it at my leisure. Silence followed by a sullen voice at the other end. I have killed another potential sales for a hardworking sales rep.

Here is my comment: To all of you real estate solicitors. Talk a little slower when you call, listen, realize that we are also very busy, and be flexible about future conversations.

If you don't mind please don't call me for a while. My ear hurts and I am out of air time.

No comments: